Hours: Mondays and Wednesdays 9am-4pm,
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 9am-2:30pm
10054 Prospect Ave., Suite E
Santee, CA 92071
Office - 619-448-0636 Fax - 619-448-5253
A.C.E.S. is now on Facebook ! Come visit us !
To improve the quality of life for persons in San Diego County who are low income and disabled or seniors (65+) by empowering them with computer technology. Specifically, our outcomes focus on civic involvement and self-sufficiency with an emphasis on quality of life enhancement. To bring the empowerment of computers to the disabled community by recycling computer hardware and software to persons with disabilities which restrict mobility and community participation, with special interest in facilitating Internet access and communication.
Our focus is San Diego County. Priority is given to persons who could not otherwise obtain this equipment.
A.C.E.S. PROVIDES THESE SERVICES
- Rehabilitated and/or upgraded PCs, ready for Internet access, to disabled and senior users who could not otherwise obtain them.
- Expertise in repairing / upgrading a disabled user's existing computer system.
- Research and assistance in finding appropriate assistive computer devices and technology on an individual basis.
- Assistance in use of email, "Web surfing", and news group participation.
- Linkage to local Internet service providers at reduced rates for disabled users.
- "Hands on" tutoring at our workshop location.
PLEASE HELP OUR COMMUNITY THROUGH A.C.E.S. WITH*
- Financial donations for upgrades
- Laptops and Desktops*
- Donations of Routers, Hubs/USB Hubs
- Donations of CD-ROM Drives and Hard Drives*
- Donations of software (Windows Operating Systems[7and up], application software)
- Identification of appropriate recipients for computer donations
- Identification of community needs for computer resources
- Expertise with identifying and linking with funding resources
- Volunteers for many Volunteer Positions [see application forms below]
* All donated computers are erased to Department of Defense Specifications